Skip to main content

The spirit of Entrepreneurship

www.talluk.com


They say that the best way to pay back to the society is to create employment opportunities. I believe that one can start very small even by simply employing a domestic help and thereby indirectly infusing the necessary confidence in him/her to take the hardships of the world, head on.  A person at work contributes to the entire society by giving a better quality of life to his/her family with the earnings, direct and indirect taxes to the govt which are then used for further betterment of the society and a food for thought for those otherwise empty minds. The whole process creates an ecosystem where the people become self-dependent and inter-dependent at the same time.

I have always dreamed of an India which is the epitome of love and harmony. I have seen my world of dreams stumble many a times and yet again it gets back on its feet as if some invisible force is helping it. It dawned to me very recently that the invisible force is nothing else but is the gravity of the tenets of workmanship and the pattern of ever increasing number in the entrepreneurs in the country. For this phenomenon to be explained, first let me throw some light on my idea of being an “entrepreneur”.

To me entrepreneurship is a “Way of Life”. It’s not a philosophy; rather it’s an act of empowering people all around you with the enterprising force of independent thinking and metamorphosis of those thoughts into a reality. A walk into the unknown always induces fear but an entrepreneur is the mystic who carries the torch of faith and courage with his thought leadership. The entrepreneurs are the pillars of strength to the economic bodies of the world. If they fall, the whole system collapses; If they stumble, the nations crumble; if they stop, the governance stalks.
It’s these thought leaders who innovate, bring the fresh changes in the way the people lead their lives and fill the economic divides between the people coming from various classes.

The entrepreneur in me was waiting to be unleashed till one fine day, with good fortune prevailing, I could envisage a much bigger picture of my role into the society, I have been a part of. This is no rhetoric as, I could really find out a direct but invisible relationship between “The human atrocities and degenerating moralities” & “my eccentricity”. It didn't take me much time to gather the courage to put myself eventually on a more challenging and grueling but satisfactory road to entrepreneurship.

My first step on this yet to be tamed path was, to identify the right set of people and getting them associated with me. I have always believed in the fact that it’s not the organization which creates people but it’s the other way round. The biggest asset for a professional entity would always be the people. Once, this rigorous exercise was completed, we sat for days and nights, brainstorming on our visions and plans. As Jim Collins says in his book “Good to Great”, it’s not the destination what matters while boarding a bus but it’s the people who are already aboard. For us also, it was a similar story. The outcomes of our perpetual discussions were often contradictory to our personal visions and it was not too late when all of us united on some common grounds.  Our Objective and Mission statement were being formulated….Believe me, once the core team is aligned with a common vision, mission and objective; the patchy and dusty road here after looks like a red carpet and the distant goals seem to so much in reach.

With the advent of our business in an entrepreneurial fashion in it’s true colors, soon started the natural flow of resources in both directions. The flow gave rise to an ever enlarging circle of people involved. These people had new as well as old faces and came from all the communities, sects and beliefs of the society. We aspired to give each one of them, a level playing field where the only measure of performance was their capability to deliver. The fictitious lines, dividing the people on the basis of any other parameter were dissolved. The society within our organization carried a glowing face of unadulterated “Wisdom and Truth”. Today, we are a family of around 60 people and I must say that within my limitations, I have successfully tried to live my vision of entrepreneurship and in the process have contributed to the society by giving many people the dignity they deserve.

I won’t boast of being a profound philanthropist but I certainly am a person, rational and logical enough to clearly see that I am a part of this society and any good or bad karma within the society will always loom large on me. Thus, my success necessarily needs the success of my society and it leaves the onus on me to give back to the society in the form of “job opportunities”, “Skill development”, “Innovative thoughts”, “Vision” and a “Culture”, where the ideas and thoughts are incubated to become big and not discarded haphazardly”.

It has been almost 3 years since we started this journey and one thing still remains unchanged is the “long brainstorming sessions”. We have welcomed the ideas and have always tried to cultivate the culture of “Independent thinking and Fresh ideologies”.
Success is a relative term, so I won’t say we are successful as that can be debated, but we are happy enough to be on our intended path, congruous with our vision. We all have the peace of mind, at the time we all go to sleep and yes, we all have made some bucks also to lead a quality life full of promises and ample opportunities. Hail the spirit of “Entrepreneurship”, May the people shine in their true colors and wish my country regains the lost glory of being the prefect abode of Love and Faith….. Amen

Comments

Must Read

O almighty, only you can do this all....

Only you can do this all I found an astonishing place far away from my home, travelled thousands of miles right there in Livingstone. The river Zambezi, placed there on the landscapes just right, And the grand Victoria falls showing me their passion and might. I see the river upside down hanging from that bungee rope, All faces smiling, all eyes beaming; it certainly is the abode of Hope. A small but audacious bird chirping and sitting on the Hippo’s back, And I clicked the moment timeously standing from the river cruise’s deck. The sunset over the river displaying the spectrum of color and shade And I, watching the phenomenon spellbound; wondering, how He made. Crossing the Victoria bridge right through the rainbows, While hearing the thundering sound of the falls coming from very close. That lonely tree still holding its grip on the edges of the fall, O almighty, you and only you can do this a

Being Ambitious or Being Progressive: A subtle difference between the two

It’s a tricky and contentious subject, I chose to write upon. I am sure it will invite a lot of favor as well as critic from the readers. Well, my objective anyhow was to stimulate a chain of thoughts in your minds. This morning, the newspaper was abuzz with the news of Mr Azim Premji joining the Gates-Buffet charitable trust as the 1 st Indian, where he vows to give away a major part of his wealth for philanthropy. Being such a rich man, he still drives a Toyota Corolla, prefers to not to stay in 5-star hotels and leads a very normal life devoid of any frills. I always remember what the great Warren Buffet once said, “If you want to be rich, stop acting rich”. These are a few of those rare exemplary moments which have the potential to be a phenomenon. But unfortunately, in the world we witness today, even such novel ideas don’t have many takers. Please don’t assume that I am a profound philanthropist anyway but I certainly and firmly believe in the fact that un-necessary s

dare to be your true self

Dare to be your true self Standing on the beautiful landscapes of the Mount Entoto in Addis Ababa, the capital city of Ethiopia, I gazed at the sky and yelled at him; “why the results are not always as per the expectations”…..comes back the voice; “Calm down my son, because it just doesn’t matter”. I am surprised, where the voice came from…..is it from the sky? Is it the God himself? Oh, It’s from my inside….amazing, someone always within me, yet so indiscoverable… I asked him, who are you?? The voice came back, I am your friend, the one you never had faith on; I am the origin of everything, you never acknowledged; I am the creator, you never believed on…… “Why do you talk to me then?” I asked. “For the same reason, I talked with Arjuna during the epic of Mahabharata; he had wisdom to understand but yet he was confused; he was capable yet he lacked self-belief; he knew he was wrong yet he questioned to gain the better understanding. You question my presence too; I had no

The HUNT

“Yours is a strange and self-obsessed generation who just can’t get over your personal ego to believe in something. Above all, you take pride in hurting the sentiments of your elders, showing your angst and disbelief against the conventional wisdom”, that is my mother at her rhetoric best. Unfortunately, I could not understand her as she could never understand me. There are millions of parents having the same complaints from their kids. I can’t comment on all of them as I would be too naive and unaware of their feelings. But in my case, I can say that the chasm is not built based on our contrasting beliefs but on the contrary this is a gap between “blind beliefs” and “Questions”. Those who raise the questions and speak their minds can’t be politically correct always. I always say that Human brain confuses; now I also think that the brain is wired in such a way that it understands only polar positions. Anything in between, it finds it difficult to understand. We have given the

On Fire....

On Fire Today after several months, I finally got an opportunity to sit quietly and do nothing in the long flight. When I say quietly, it doesn’t necessarily indicate towards the vocal sounds emitting from the human face’s cavity surrounded by the lips, but this time it is the quietness of the mind. The tranquil state of the brain unknowingly opens those channels where from come the deepest of the thoughts. The silence deep in the heart is the place where resides the mind in it’s supreme state of solitude. I was wondering what this phenomenon actually is, how come sometimes, I don’t hear any noise outside and how come sometimes, it’s all blabbering everywhere? How can sometimes, one can be so unperturbed despite of the quaking external events around? Is it due to the happiness….No, it’s the sublime state of serenity, where one finds true bliss. Is it eternal…?? no, probably not. I still have not mellowed to a stage where I can experience “Eternal Bliss”; but don’t I lov